~ ~ ~ BOOK LOOK ~ ~ ~
Here’s to celebrating the 1st big snow storm of the year that dropped a whopping 20+ inches of fluffy white sledding stuff on WMass!
Time to P.L.A.Y. – Snow Day!
Then curl up with some cocoa, mini-marshmallows, and this sweet book.
by Lita Judge
Karen’s short + long of it with P.L.A.Y.ful story preview & P.L.A.Y.-filled activity adventure suggestions.
P.L.A.Y.ful story preview (short):
A “Scrinch, Scrunch, scrinch, scrunch,” Surprise in the Snow with a Sled – Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!
Winter Wonders & Animals in Action
P.L.A.Y.-filled activity adventure suggestions (long):
- Challenge: Sledding is P.L.A.Y. for ALL AGES, big hill and little hills, will add some “weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” time into your life!
- Super Challenge: While you are out there make some tracks and create designs, or mazes, or fanciful artwork to simply enjoy or take a snapshot to share your P.L.A.Y.-filled day.
- Super-Duper Challenge: Write your own sled adventure and answer the question “Who would you like to see out your window to go sledding with?”
- Super Spectacular Challenge: Create a friends and family event to be out in the snow under the full moon with thermoses of hot cocoa and marshmallows too!
- Super-Duper-Spectacular Challenge: Can you spot any “smooth sled like” tracks near your home in the woods or at the local nature sanctuary? Who made these sled-like tracks? Are they near a brook, stream, or water source? What did they make this track with? Hint: Perhaps it was a Castor Canadensis that did! * See The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver (here) to learn more.
Capkins LOVE to be read to – especially playful nature themed story books!
Be sure to visit and support your local library! ❤ ❤ ❤