P.L.A.Y. in Place Projects
Beautiful and plentiful blackberries foraged by the quart daily by my son out in the meadows and the warm summer sun.
Bonus berry pie, made by my son and me, with both blackberries and strawberries and a dollop of coconut cream. Yummy!
Yay for continued berry-licious abundance!
Yay for green thumbs!
The harvest is coming in and we have quite a variety: summer squash, zucchini, sweet peppers, hot peppers, cabbages, tomatoes, eggplant, green beans, fresh flowers, and oodles of CUCUMBERS!
What do you do with oodles of cucumbers?
- Daily Fresh Juicing
- Refrigerator Pickles
- Canning Pickles
- Freeze Slices for future juicing
- Eat them fresh by the fist full
- Experiment: Dehydrate after tossing in vinegar and salt for a fun “chip” treat.
- SHARE with your friends, neighbors, and community
How about YOU? How’s it growing?
Butterfly garden bonus blooms!
Hope your garden spaces are staying green and rainbow colors AND your family continues to stay engaged with harvesting the garden veggie goodies!
- This series will continue to follow the seasons and growing patterns according to living here in a Zone 5 northern New England climate and you’ll need to adjust accordingly.
- The specific gardening needs you have can simply be answered using your favorite search engine online seeking DIY instructions as well as library eBooks and audiobooks (especially as we are all asked to continue to P.L.A.Y. in Place at the time of this posting).
- P.L.A.Y. is here to encourage you and your family on your gardening journey simply by posting some of our experiences as inspiration and basic prompts to growing food and flowers.
More P.L.A.Y. in Place with a Plan Family Gardening HERE
This P.L.A.Y. series is for everyone! Pass it on!
- If you are new to gardening this series is designed to encourage you and your family to take small steps towards growing foods and flowers of any kind and any amount.
- If you’ve tinkered with gardening in the past and things didn’t always work out this series is here to encourage you to try again AND do it as a family focusing on each individuals strengths to help it all come together.
- This series will offer up suggestions for basic leaping off points where you and your family can begin and choose to deep dive or keep it simple in the world of gardening.
- Most of all this series will be a source of encouragement and hopefully an inspiration to simply get in the dirt (aka garden) and P.L.A.Y. and the rest will “bee what it will bee”.