❤ ❤ ❤
This is a CAPKIN.
Capkins are curious & creative and are happiest outdoors on
P.L.A.Y. nature adventures with you.
❤ ❤ ❤
This is how you make a CAPKIN in 5 simple steps.
1. Draw a cone shape, that roughly fits in a 2 inch square like above, on a piece of paper.
2. Cut this template out and roll into a cone shape to see if you like the size.
3. Then place the paper pattern on red felt to cut out your cone.
4. Sew the cone up the back seam with roughly 15+ stitches.
5. Then add two wiggly (or felt) eyes with hot glue.
*Young children must be assisted in this craft due to sewing needles and hot glue usage.
**Children 3 and under must be supervised when playing with Capkins due to small parts choking hazard.
That’s it – all done! Yay You!
Time for a P.L.A.Y. nature adventure!
❤ ❤ ❤
Red Capkins appear most often as they can be seen both near and far.
Rainbow colored Capkins appear
for special seasonal & magical moments.
❤ ❤ ❤ Origin of Capkins ❤ ❤ ❤
Capkins were originally created by Karen beginning in 2016 for her own outdoor P.L.A.Y. nature adventures.
She has carried them with her every day on her nature walks and is so very glad to share them with you.
You are invited to make your own Capkins and encouraged to bring them on your adventures with friends and family.
Capkins like to be handmade and put into this world with loving kindness. ❤
They are not sold or found for sale in any stores, rather they are given away freely.
Please be mindful of this practice and be willing to make a few extra Capkins and pass them forward to new P.L.A.Y.-ers.
❤ ❤ ❤ KLW ❤ ❤ ❤
❤ ❤ ❤
I’d love to see your Capkin on an outdoor adventure!
Please send a snapshot of your Capkin in nature and perhaps you’ll see it on a future P.L.A.Y. Postcard post and have it pinned on the P.L.A.Y. PINTEREST boards. See the how to steps below.
If you would like to share your Capkin nature adventures with the P.L.A.Y. viewers please send a nature photo postcard providing the following:
- Your curious Capkin must be in the photo – no humans or human structures.
- Your first name and your last name initial (example: Karen W.)
- The location you took the picture (example: Yellowstone National Park or Connecticut River or my backyard in Massachusetts,etc.)
- Please send in a JPG File format as an attachment.
- You must be a follower of P.L.A.Y. with your email already signed-in (see Home page).
Send to: Karen@passionatelearningallyear.com
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING THE P.L.A.Y.-full JOURNEY!!!