P.L.A.Y. in Place with a Plan
Beautiful blooms in the butterfly garden continue to share their colors, textures, and patterns and attract amazing winged wonders as summer unfolds.
Daily we have birds, butterflies, bees, and even bunnies entering this beautiful flower filled space that we get to watch from our bedroom windows as well as walk in while soaking up the sunshine.
All that work and dedication to getting the soil prepared, putting plants in the ground, and consistently watering and weeding is really paying off as the garden thrives.
Yay for berry-licious abundance!
Yay for green thumb generosity!
Our neighbor shared their raspberry bushes with our community as oodles of berries ripened all at once!
Wow did those raspberries make a difference in the strawberry rhubarb pie we shared over the holiday weekend. Yummy!
We are now freezing the rest and intend to share more of these treats by making another pie in the middle of winter to serve up with a nice hot cup of tea at one of our routine community meetings.
Oh how sweet it is to savor summer the whole year through!
How about YOU? How’s it growing?
Hope your garden spaces are staying green and your family continues to stay engaged as the best is yet to come as the harvesting of garden veggie goodies begins!
- This series will continue to follow the seasons and growing patterns according to living here in a Zone 5 northern New England climate and you’ll need to adjust accordingly.
- The specific gardening needs you have can simply be answered using your favorite search engine online seeking DIY instructions as well as library eBooks and audiobooks (especially as we are all asked to continue to P.L.A.Y. in Place at the time of this posting).
- P.L.A.Y. is here to encourage you and your family on your gardening journey simply by posting some of our experiences as inspiration and basic prompts to growing food and flowers.
More P.L.A.Y. in Place with a Plan Family Gardening HERE
This P.L.A.Y. series is for everyone! Pass it on!
- If you are new to gardening this series is designed to encourage you and your family to take small steps towards growing foods and flowers of any kind and any amount.
- If you’ve tinkered with gardening in the past and things didn’t always work out this series is here to encourage you to try again AND do it as a family focusing on each individuals strengths to help it all come together.
- This series will offer up suggestions for basic leaping off points where you and your family can begin and choose to deep dive or keep it simple in the world of gardening.
- Most of all this series will be a source of encouragement and hopefully an inspiration to simply get in the dirt (aka garden) and P.L.A.Y. and the rest will “bee what it will bee”.