P.L.A.Y. in Place with a Plan – Time to Get Growing!
This is all about you and your family. Time to P.L.A.Y. and Grow!
This week is all about making seedlings.
~ More Inspiration Below Next Photo! ~
Reminder: This series will continue to follow the seasons and growing patterns according to living here in a Zone 5 northern New England climate and you’ll need to adjust accordingly.
P.L.A.Y. is here to encourage you and your family on your gardening journey simply by posting some of our experiences as inspiration and basic prompts to growing food and flowers.
WHERE? WHEN? HOW?
The specific gardening needs you have, including how to specifically grow and tend to seedlings, can simply be answered using your favorite search engine online seeking DIY instructions as well as library eBooks and audiobooks (especially as we are all asked to continue to P.L.A.Y. in Place at the time of this posting).
Nothing fancy required – simply some containers, soil, water, and sunlight.
PLANT the SEEDS and like magic you create SEEDLINGS!
- Remember those seed packets you were going to purchase last week? Great – time to take them out and make some magic!
- Be sure to read on the packets the exact timing for creating seedlings as you want to time it so they will be ready to plant in the ground when the conditions are right, not too soon and not too late!
- Now gather together some small containers or specifically little six packs like seen in these photos to add soil and plant the seeds according to the packet instructions.
- Create an environment where you can keep them, warm, watered, and in sunlight.
- Check on them daily to see their progress and tend to their needs.
Creative Connection Suggestions:
Suggest family members take photos and make notes or sketch in a garden journal to record the growing process including how things look – height, size, color, what seems to be working, what needs to be worked on, weather conditions when things move outdoors, and the overall seed to plant process.
More P.L.A.Y. in Place with a Plan – Family Gardening HERE
This P.L.A.Y. series is an offering to ALL:
- If you are new to gardening this series is designed to encourage you and your family to take small steps towards growing foods and flowers of any kind and any amount.
- If you’ve tinkered with gardening in the past and things didn’t always work out this series is here to encourage you to try again AND do it as a family focusing on each individuals strengths to help it all come together.
- This series will offer up suggestions for basic leaping off points where you and your family can begin and choose to deep dive or keep it simple in the world of gardening.
- Most of all this series will be a source of encouragement and hopefully an inspiration to simply get in the dirt (aka garden) and P.L.A.Y. and the rest will “bee what it will bee”.